Friday, May 19, 2006

Am I kidding myself?

Okay, I realize that I haven't posted anything about the plot, the characters, the setting, etc, and I intend to (really, I do)--but I just have to get this off my chest now. The story is working up to the denouement and I've just finished a series of chapters building the tension and the emotion; I've killed off some characters and exiled others and now the protagnoist has nothing left to lose as he heads for the ultimate show down.

My worry is that the reader will not be fully invested in the protagnist's feelings of hatred and fury toward the antagonist. This section of the book needs to be a page turner. It needs to be so compelling that the reader can't put the book down--from this point on--until its finished. That is what will make this book memorable. That is what will make it good. I worry that I'm not up to the task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home